Thursday 15 October 2020

Inquiry exparament

This week we did an experiment about absorbing water. When I got into a group one of my

partners first got an empty tray and my other partner got their chrome book to record the

experiment. After my partner got an empty tray they poured water into a beaker up to 100

millimeters and put 5 drops of food coloring into the water. After my partner was done pouring

water up to 100 millimeters I got 50 grams of cotton.

 

When we were all done getting our materials we were ready to do the experiment. When we were

doing the experiment we first had to fold the cotton and then we had to be very careful of pouring

the water on to the cotton and also we also had to give the cotton a little time to absorb.


When the cotton was finished absorbing we poured the left over water into the beaker we used, then we measured the left over water from the beaker and our results were 4ml not absorbed 96ml absorbed.


The experment we did was fun but it was also messy I hope to do this another time because I had so much fun doing it.


L.I to learn and practise experimental methods




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.